jueves, 27 de febrero de 2014

ON HOUSE OF CARDS

I like House of Cards. It's like the 21st century version of I Claudius. Yes, I know that many people won't remember that show, one because it was British and two, because it happened almost 40 years ago. I used to watch it in Spain, in our black and white "Inter" television. Every Sunday evening I would seat with anticipation on our tiny living room's coach with my good grandma while my parents were out getting their weekly fix of working class social life.

That's almost the same anticipation I feel now when I sit with my buddies every night to watch it. The ingenuity and ability for conspiracy, double-crossing, Machiavellian malevolence, fake and allegedly real (sporadic) compassion the Underwoods show, is sometimes exhilarating, often mesmerizing and always captivating. And Stamper (Frankie's lackey) ranks up there in the creep scale. Same as the FBI guy (Stamper's henchman). I hope the writers don't do any mescal and go Prison Breakish on us. Keep it wacky, but keep it real. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario